Creative Art

Monday, September 14, 2009

"Date: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:00 am
Subject: GSP


Hello to all, My name is Janice Simpson and I live in Marquette Mi.
I've been a member of FFC since it started and am guilty of not always doing
the challenges and even doing one and not posting...The past year and a half
Fraser (my husband) was in and out of the hospital with many health issues...He
is doing better but still has a few issues with his health. I became his
"nurse"...not much quilting here. I think many of you might remember Fraser he
has been a doorman at the IQA shows in Houston and Chicago. We missed last
Oct.in Houston and the Spring show in Chicago and will not be in Houston this
Oct.
I have been sewing since I was a child and always wanted to quilt,and began
quilting in the late 70's..mostly traditional and all hand quilted. Not sure
when the Art Designs hit me but I love designing my own quilts. I love the
challenges on fastfriday group and hope to get more involved this year.
In Marquette I belong to Marquette County Quilters Association (MCQA),Superior
Quilters (12 members meet in each others homes)and Explorers a group of Art
Quilters.Other groups are Michigan Quilt Network, Michigan Quilt Invitaional,
American Quilter's Society,Paducah, International Quilt
Association,Postmarkd'art, and FastfridayChallenge.
Ribbons? At the Fair's I get lots of Blue Ribbons and even a Gold medalion for
Best of show.and a few ribbons from MCQA over the years.
I have shown my work in IQA in Special Exibits Chicago & Houston:
Traditional Quilts,Hoffman Doll& quilts that traveled, Gypsy Dolls,PostCards for
a Cure,
Fabled Fibers and Journal Quilts all but the first year...was not chosen for the
book.
Exhibits of my work in Marquette:
Women's Health Associates of upper Michigan...My quilts are in
the lobby, in the hallways and in the examination rooms some
are on the ceiling above the exam table.Dr said they relax the
paients. I change the quilts occasionally for holidays or add a
new quilt.One day My daughter was in to see the Dr, she said,
these look like my mother's quilts..they said they were Janice
Simpson's quilts. Lori said, that's my mother!!!
Upper Peninsula Medical Center..in the Atrium, the quilts are
exhibited for one month.My quilts were there for February and
March two different exhibits this year; and other quilts once
last year.
Marquette Public Library: Exhibits with Explorers and Michigan
Quilt Invitional.
Published: My first Fabric Postcard was published in Franki
Kolher's Post card book. My Cinderella quilt from Fabled Fibers
is in Anne Copeland's Pumpkin Cookbook.Both are Great books.
Well,this GSP has got me going and I want to update and add to
my Blog Pictures and more about some of my groups. Not too many entries since I
started my Blog Creative Art on Friday 13 October 2006.
I have been reading all the GSP posts and have enjoyed hearing
about what everyone is doing.
Janice Simpson Marquette Mi
http://janicedesigns.blogspot.com/

1 Comments:

  • Janice... so nice to read about you and your accomplishments!! FFFC is a special group and I am glad you are part of it.
    On my piece for the last FFFC.... you asked if you could use it.... and the poem.
    I don't know if you saw my post... but the answer is yes. esp. if it will help. All I ask is that you acknowledge where you got it and if there are any results, maybe you would share them with me?
    I hope you don't mind this post, I don't know for sure how else to contact you.

    Looking forward to the upcoming year in FFFC and sharing posts again.
    Cheers

    By Blogger Carole, at 11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home