Creative Art

Sunday, October 15, 2006

FFFC #1 Spooky Autumn ....Details

I wanted to do this first challenge as I will probably miss the next one will be in Houston Oct 23 thru Nov 6. I made Spooky Autumn and then decided it needs to hang by one corner....13x12 the top (the tent shape) 131/2 x13 the botton(the"V" shape) just one little plastic ring to hang. The size came to be quite a suprise to me as I just trimmed the edges with my rotary cutter and no ruler.First I pieced the background and put together with the batting and backing and quilted the piece.Next I added the fused halloween fabrics...ghosts,pumpkins, black cat, spiderweb bats and a long snake-like strip across the quilt.. to this I stitched fluffy yarn.the double faced leaves I stitched only down the spines and kind of curled the edges.I hand sewed a plastic spider on the web in the leaves.I finished the edges with an overcast stitch and next added more fluffy yarn to complete my quilt.By the way..upon examining my quilt I have two white dots!!!The ghost has two little white eyes....LOLOL Janice Simpson in Marquette MichiganLet me know what you think....
I've changed the name from "Spooky Fall Colors" to Spooky Autumn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home